Re-Elect Holyoke's Fiscal Watchdog!

Re-Elect Holyoke's Fiscal Watchdog!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Councilor Jourdain's Re-Election Kickoff on September 17th!



Dear Friend,

Another Election Year is upon us and these are exciting times in the City of Holyoke. We will be welcoming in a new Mayor and there are some openings on the City Council. Incredibly, at the youthful age of 37, I am now the 3rd most senior member of the City Council and the Most Senior member of the important Finance Committee.

For 16 years, I have been your fiscal watchdog and the best friend of Holyoke’s taxpayers. During my tenure, I have kept the devil at the door in order to root out government waste and abuse in order for you to enjoy a city government that is more responsive to your needs and less taxing on your pocketbooks. I am a leader who is always prepared and always vigilant in the defense of Holyoke’s important priorities and basic common sense. During these times of fiscal uncertainty, Holyoke voters know they can turn to me as the most qualified candidate for Councilor At Large on fiscal issues.

I have worked hard to expand our tax base with key support for new economic development while also being a good ambassador of the city and improving our reputation throughout the state and region. In 2008, Business West Magazine chose me as one of the Top 40 Young Professionals in Western Massachusetts under the age of 40. Experience counts and no one in the last two decades has a better record of constituent service, unquestioned integrity and unwavering commitment to the people of our city.

In order to continue my work on the City Council, I need your support! Fundraising for better or worst is the lifeblood of any campaign. Unfortunately, the cost of campaigns, like everything else, continues to go up. I have always been able to count on you and this is why I am asking for you to join me for my Re-election Kickoff and fundraiser.

Councilor At Large Kevin Jourdain’s Re-Election Kickoff

Thursday, September 17, 2009

6pm – 9pm

The Wherehouse?

109 Lyman Street

Holyoke, MA 01040

Suggested donation: $20 per person



Tickets can be purchased at the door or in advance by sending your contribution to The Jourdain Committee; PO Box 10383; Holyoke, MA 01041-1983. (There is a response card attached below for your convenience - just double click it and print it) I am looking forward to a big crowd but if you cannot attend, please strongly consider a generous donation to make our campaign victorious. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer on the campaign, please call me at (413) 538-5519.

It has been a tremendous honor to serve the people of Holyoke on the City Council, let us make sure they have the type of leadership they deserve in their city government by making sure I am re-elected on November 3rd!

See you September 17th and thank you again for all of your past support!

With warmest regards,

Kevin A. Jourdain